Zimbelman, Cutler win PIR TT
PORTLAND — Masters world champion David Zimbelman (Salmon Cyclery) and Washington’s Jessica Cutler (Peterson Racing/Spokeswomen) set the fastest men’s and women’s times during the Western Bikes Works Time Trial Sunday at Portland International Raceway.
Competitors covered six laps of the two-mile closed road course in a race against the clock held under continuing sunny skies. Zimbelman’s mark of 24:04.66 was easily the fastest Masters 50+ time and good enough for the overall win as well. Jeffrey Pollock (Portland Velo) raced in two categories and won both, setting the second- and third-fastest times of the day to win the Masters 30+ and Cat 3 races. Tim Butler (Evolution Racing) won the Masters 40+ race and was the day’s third-fastest man overall with a time of 24:47.18.
Cutler, the fastest woman with a time of 26:12.99, was also 14th overall out of the 109 competitors. At her first race back since crashing at the 2011 Cherry Blossom Cycling Classic just about one year ago in The Dalles, Leia Tyrrell set the second-fastest women’s time with a mark of 26:39.54, the 17th best overall time on the day. River City Bicycles’ Sue Butler, fresh off competing in the men’s Masters race the day before at Piece of Cake, was third fastest at 26:52.12, the 20th-best overall time.
Western Bike Works Time Trial
1. David Zimbelamn (Salmon Cyclery) 24:04.66 *Masters Men 50+ winner
2. Jeffrey Pollock (Portland Velo) 24:24.17 *Masters 30+ winner
3. Jeffrey Pollock (Portland Velo) 24:26.34 *Cat 3 Men winner
4. Tim Butler (Evolution Racing) 24:47.18 *Masters 40+ winner
1. Jessica Cutler (Peterson Racing/Spokeswomen) 26:12.99 *Women Cat 1-2-3 winner
2. Leia Tyrrell 26:39.54
3. Sue Butler (River City Bicycles) 26:52.12
Complete OBRA results are HERE.