Dubois, Walle win Rose Garden 3
PORTLAND — Brianna Walle (Ironclad Performance Wear) won her second Rose Garden Circuit Race in as many tries Thursday, while Team Oregon/Laurelwood Brewing’s Christopher Dubois followed last week’s runner-up effort with a win.
Dark skies and wet roads, combined with many riders traveling to this weekend’s big Pacific Northwest stage race in Walla Walla, Wash., knocked the participation numbers down for the third week of the four-week series around the International Test Rose Garden in Portland’s Washington Park.
Dubois took the Senior men’s win in front of Team S&M’s Brad Winn and Ironclad Performance Wear’s Trevor Spahr. Walle piled up another Senior women’s win ahead of Cat 3 winner Laura Trace and Sorella Forte’s Emily Charbonneau.
Rose Garden Circuit Race
1. Dubois, Christopher (Team Oregon/Laurelwood Brewing)
2. Winn, Brad (Team S&M)
3. Spahr, Trevor (Ironclad Performance Wear)
Senior Women *combined
1. Walle, Brianna (Ironclad Performance Wear)
2. Laura Trace *Cat 3 winner
3. Charbonneau, Emily (Sorella Forte/St Honoré Bakery)