Skerritt, Butler win on Bald Peak
HILLSBORO — Shannon Skerritt (Corsa Concepts) and Sue Butler (River City Bicycles) picked up their first cyclocross wins of the season Sunday at the Pain ‘n’ Suffer’n CX on Bald Peak south of Hillsboro. Butler won the women’s A race for the third consecutive year, finishing ahead of Sorella Forte’s Rhonda Morin, who won last week at David Douglas CX, and Mielle Blomberg (Team S&M).
Skerritt, who finished fourth last year behind Ryan Trebon, Sean Babcock and Ben Thompson, won this year’s race ahead of Brett Luelling (Portland Bicycle Studio) and evanplews.com rider Steve Carwile, who was second last week at David Douglas.
Cyclocross season continues next weekend with the Hood River Double Cross. Saturday’s Hood River race is also race # 2 of the Grand Prix Molly Cameron series.
Pain ‘n’ Suffer’n CX
1. Shannon Skerritt (Corsa Concepts Cycling Team) 7
2. Brett Luelling (Portland Bicycle Studio) 7
3. Steve Carwile (www.evanplews.com/Kenda USA)7
4. Michael gallagher (Cyclepath Racing) 7
5. Tim Butler (West End Bikes/Specialized) 7
1. Sue Butler (River City Bicycles) 5
2. Rhonda Morin (Sorella Forte) 5
3. Mielle Blomberg (Team S&M) 5
4. Patricia Dowd (Team Rep)
Complete OBRA results are HERE.