Skerritt, Burton win at Krugers Farm
PORTLAND — Shannon Skerritt (Corsa Concepts) and Alexandra Burton (Upper Echelon Fitness) warmed up their cyclocross bikes Sunday at the Krugers Kermesse Farm Criterium on Sauvie Island and took home the wins in the men’s and women’s A races.
The scenic course at Krugers Farm made its way through the corn, strawberries, pumpkins, squash and other vegetables growing in the divided fields that made up the property. Irrigation sprinklers kept the dust down in some sections and created patches of mud for the tires to toss up in low spots, but the course remained mostly hard-packed as the paths and grassy trails cut through the crops. More than 400 riders competed in 19 age- and skill-graded categories throughout the day.
Skerritt joined Kelly Ryan (Portland Bicycle Studio) and Steve Carwile (www.evanplews.com/KENDAUSA) in the lead group as the trio of riders distanced themselves from the quickly splintered field. Skerritt and Kelly drilled the pace in the closing laps and came in one and two, with Carwile hanging on for third.
In the women’s Cat A race, Burton took the win ahead of Lindsay Kandra (Sweatpea Ladies Auxiliary) and Rachel Bagley (Ira Ryan Cycles). Masters A racer Rhonda Morin crossed the line first in the event, which includes the Category A men, Masters 35+ A men, Category A women and Masters 35+ A women.
Check out the PHOTO GALLERY for this race.
Cat A Men
1. Shannon Skerritt (Corsa Concepts)
2. Kelly Ryan (Portland Bicycle Studio)
3. Steve Carwile (www.evanplews.com/KENDAUSA)
4. Chris Swan (Team Oregon/Laurelwood Brewing)
5. Ryan Weaver (River City Bicycles)
Cat A Women
1. Alexandra Burton (Upper Echelon Fitness)
2. Lindsay Kandra (Sweatpea Ladies Auxiliary)
3. Rachel Bagley (Ira Ryan)
4. Abby Watson (Embrocation Cycling Journal)
5. Annika Johannesen (Hutch’s-Bend)
1. Luke DeMoe (Slocum Racing Team)
2. Patrick Wilder (Cyclepath Racing)
3. Adrian Olmstead (Portland Bicycle Studio)
4. Matt Barton (Staccatto Gelato)
5. David Bisers (Tensegrity PT Cycling)
Complete OBRA results are HERE.