Sheppard, Bishop Gordon win Picketts
BEND — Chris Sheppard (Rocky Mountain Bicycles) and Serena Bishop Gordon (Silverado Gallery/Sunnyside) took the men’s and women’s Pro races Sunday at Pickett’s Charge, the closing round of the 2011 Oregon XC Series.
Sheppard covered the 25-mile cross country course at the Wanoga Trail Complex near Mt. Bachelor in just over 1 hour, 41 minutes. Andrew Sloane crossed the line three minutes down for second. Matt Russell (Bend Memorial Clinic) finished just three seconds behind Sloane for third. Bishop Gordon covered the same course in just over two hours. Cat 1 winner Jill Hardiman came in next, over four minutes down at 2:06:36. Brooke McDermid (bicycleattorney.com) was third, crossing the line at 2:10:32.
Final Oregon XC Series results, based on the best seven of 10 races, are being tabulated and will be posted soon.
1. Sheppard, Chris (Rocky Mountain Bicycles) 1:41:19.62
2. Anderson, Sloane 1:44:46.93
3. Russell, Matt (Bend Memorial Clinic) 1:44:49.83
4. Williams, James (Sunnyside Sports) 1:47:28.70
5. Perrin, Bear (Pistis) 1:47:52.03
1. Bishop Gordon, Serena (Silverado Gallery/Sunnyside) 2:02:30.11
2. Hardiman, Jill 2:06:36.95 *Cat 1 winner
3. McDermid, Brooke (bicycleattorney.com) 2:10:32.50 *Cat 1
4. Oravetz, Pia 2:10:53.83
5. Chinburg, Megan (Upper Echelon Fitness Women’s Cycling) 2:18:15.94 *Cat 1
Complete OBRA results are HERE.