Oregon XC continues at Spring ThawASHLAND — Oregon’s mountain bike cross country series continues this weekend with race #5 at the 20th Annual Spring Thaw Mountain Bike Festival in Ashland.
This Kenda Cup Qualifier will host the XC race on Saturday at 9:15 a.m. The gravity riders get their shot with the Spring Thaw Downhill starting at 11 a.m. Sunday. The entire weekend’s cash and prizes total $10,000. The Pro, Singlespeed and Cat 1 riders will race 21.3 miles with 5,445 feet of climbing at Saturday’s cross country event. Cat 2 and Clydesdale riders will do 15.72 miles with 3,428 feet of climbing. Beginners will face nine miles and 1,500 feet of climbing. Sunday’s downhill course falls 1,000 feet over 1.7 miles.
Justin Finn (Spooky Bikes) leads Chris Snyder (bicycle attornet.com) in the men’s Pro overall battle of the 10-race Oregon XC Series, while Alice Pennington (Team S&M) has won three Pro women’s races and is closing in on series leader Sue Butler (River City Bicyles).
OREGON XC SERIES STANDINGS
1. Pistis, 406 points
2. Team S&M, 444
3. Team Dirt, 592
4. Bicycleattorney.com, 628
5. Trinity Bikes, 688
1. Justin Finn (Spooky Bikes) 107
2. Chris Snyder (Bicycleattorney.com) 88
3. Sean Babcock (Team S&M/Kona) 88
4. Scotty Carlisle (Webcyclery.com) 75
5. Erik Tonkin (Kona) 54
1. Sue Butler (River City Bicycles) 98
2. Alice Pennington (Team S&M) 78
3. Serena Bishop (Silverado Jewelry Gallery/Sunnyside) 68
4. Rebecca Rusch (Specialized) 24
5. Heidi Faller (Webcyclery.com) 22
Complete series results are HERE.
Remaining Oregon XC Schedule
- May 14 — Spring Thaw XC,
- May 29 — Sisters Stampede
- June 5 — Return on the Jedi
- June 19 — Test of Endurance 50
- June 26 — Picketts Charge (finals)