Littlehales wins Tuesday PIR
PORTLAND — Longview Grand Prix Masters winner Todd Littlehales (Rapha Racing NW) took the victory Tuesday night at PIR. Littlehales finished ahead of HPChiro/Alpine Mortgage Planning’s Josh Liberles and Veloce Racing’s Steve Wright.
More than 110 racers in three categories competed in near-perfect conditions at the auto road race track in North Portland. The Cat 1/2/3 race was scheduled for 18 laps and three hot spots. A crash knocked regular contender and newly crowned OBRA Criterium Champion Stephen Bedford out of contention.
In the Cat 3/4 race scheduled for 16 laps, Brian Schiller (Guinness Cycling Team) took the win ahead of Team Bike Tires Direct teammates Kyle Brown and Chad Smeltzer. Justin Tutor (crank) got the win in the Cat 4/5 race, finishing ahead of Michael Scalzo and Edward Rogers (Jens Voigt’s Army).
PIR Tuesday Nighter
1. Tutor, Justin (crank) 15.0
2. Scalzo, Michael 14.0
3. Rogers, Edward (Jens Voigt’s Army) 13.0
4. Potoczny-Jones, Isaac (crank) 9.0
5. Gold, Mitch (Portland Velo) 8.0
1. Schiller, Brian (Guinness Cycling Team) 15.0
2. Brown, Kyle (Team Bike Tires Direct) 15.0
3. Smeltzer, Chad (Team Bike Tires Direct) 12.0
4. BURTON, Michael 10.0
5. Thompson, Rob (Ironclad Performance Wear) 10.0
1. Littlehales, Todd (Rapha Racing NW) 15.0
2. Liberles, Joshua (HPChiro/Alpine Mortgage Planning) 12.0
3. Wright, Steve (Veloce Racing) 11.0
4. Medlin, Kyle (Soraz Racing) 10.0
5. Ghilarducci, Tom (bicycleattorney.com) 8.0