Grochau takes PIR Tuesday Nighter
PORTLAND — Ninety riders headed out to the smooth tarmac of Portland International Raceway Tuesday Night for the weekly series races. Rapha Racing NW Rider John Grochau took the win in the cat 1/2/3 race with 18 points. The win marks Grochau’s first since April of 2009. Grochau finished ahead of West End Bike’s Christian Tresser, who also finished with 18 points, and Jason Mauer (Upper Echelon Fitness), who finished with 12.
Jason Borum (Jens Voight’s Army) won the Cat 3/4 race with 21 points. Ron Sines (Pacific Power Blue Sky) was second with 19. Tony Dirks (Mountain View Cycles) was third with 17. Beaverton Bicycle Club’s Emerson Webb won the Cat 4/5 race in front of Rick Boston and Jesse Trigg.
PIR Tuesday Nighter
1. Grochau, John (Rapha Racing NW) 18.0
2. Tresser, Christian (West End Bikes/Specialized) 18.0
3. Mauer, Jason (Upper Echelon Fitness) 12.0
4. Utz, Andrew (HPChiro/Alpine Mortgage Planning) 9.0
5. Oliphant, Duncan (Therapeutic Associates Cycling/Sagebrush Cycles) 8.0
1. Borum, Jason (Jens Voigt’s Army) 21.0
2. Sines, Ron (Pacific Power Blue Sky) 19.0
3. Dirks, Tony (Mountain View Cycles) 17.0
4. Breeden, Byron (Team Cthulhu) 9.0
5. Gleaves, John (Beaverton Bicycle Club) 8.0
1. Webb, Emerson (Beaverton Bicycle Club) 15.0
2. Boston, Rick 12.0
3. Trigg, Jesse 12.0
4. DeLisle, Edward (Soraz Racing) 9.0
5. Holbrook, Zach 8.0
Complete OBRA results are HERE.