Crash stops Tuesday PIR again
PORTLAND — The Tuesday night world championships at Portland International Raceway ended with a crash for the second week in a row. Last week a tangle in the Cat 3/4 race cut the evening short at the PIR Tuesday Nighter. This week a crash in the Cat 1/2/3 field ended the evening.
Brendon Gallant, John Leonard and Stephen Bedford were all neck and neck on hot spot points in the Cat 1/2/3 contest when officials made the call.
In other racing, Team Oregon/Laurelwood Brewing’s Stephan Niquet won the Cat 3/4 race with 21 points. Andy Barczak (Team Bike Tires Direct) was second with 20. Dwyane Farr (Soraz Racing) was third with 13. In the Cat 4/5 race, Eric Nelson (Soraz Racing) scored the win ahead of teammate John Hartnet and Verge’s Scott Mares.
1. Gallant, Brendon (HPChiro/Alpine Mortgage Planning) 3
2. Leonard, John Portland (Rapha Racing NW) 3
3. Bedford, Stephen (Team Orego/Laurelwood Brewing) 3
4. Cameron, Molly (Portland Bicycle Studio) 2
5. Littlehales, Todd (Rapha Racing NW) 2
1. Niquet, Stephan (Team Oregon/Laurelwood Brewing) 21
2. Barczak, Andy (Team Bike Tires Direct) 20
3. Farr, Dwayne (Soraz Racing) 13
4. Nelson Eric (Soraz Racing) 8
5. Schiller Brian (Guinness Cycling) 7
1. Nelson, Eric (Soraz Racing) 15
2. Hartnett, John (Soraz Racing) 12
3. Mares, Scott (Verge) 11
4. Roberts, Stephan (Cyclepath Racing) 10
5. Webb, Emerson (Beaverton Bicycle Club) 7