Butler, Ceccorulli win MTB XC champs
ALSEA FALLS — Sue Butler (River City Bicycles) and James Ceccorulli took home the top prizes Sunday at the Alsea Falls Switchback/OBRA MTB XC Champs south west of Albany.
OBRA awarded gold, bronze and silver medals in 27 age- and skill-graded categories throughout the day, with Butler and Ceccorulli winning the women’s and men’s Pro races, which covered four laps of the 5.2 mile course that gained 700 feet of elevation on each loop.
Butler finished the 20.8-mile race in 1:52:43, almost four minutes faster than runner-up Alice Pennington (Upper Echelon Fitness Women’s Cycling). Cat 1 winner Megan Chinburg (Upper Echelon Fitness Women’s Cycling) was the third woman across the line with a time of 2:10:26.
Ceccorulli’s time of 1:39:00 was nearly two minutes faster than runner-up Shawn Rader (Team Bike Tires Direct) at 1:40:50. Jonathan Myers (Team S&M) was third at 1:43:29.
OBRA MTB XC Championships
1. Ceccorulli, James 01:39:00.00
2. Rader, Shawn (Team Bike Tires Direct) 01:40:50.00
3. Myers, Jonathan (Team S+M) 01:43:29.00
4. McDonald, Will 01:44:04.00
5. Carwile, Steve 01:45:32.00
1. Butler, Sue (River City Bicycles) 01:52:43.00
2. Pennington, Alice (Upper Echelon Fitness) 01:56:35.00
3. Chinburg, Megan (Upper Echelon Fitness Women’s Cycling) 02:10:26.00 *Cat 1 winner
4. Norland, Melissa (Team Dirt/Mudslinger Events) 02:14:57.00 *Cat 1 second place
5. Bothe, Elaine (Sorella Forte) 02:18:52.00 *Cat 1 third place
Complete OBRA results are HERE.