Beardsley takes another win at PIR
PORTLAND — Steven Beardsley took another win at Portland International Raceway Tuesday night, his second this month. Beardsley came into the night trailing overall May series leader Brendon Gallant by 15 points. Gallant finished fourth. Guinness Cycling’s Cliff Heaberlin finished the evening in second, five points behind Beardsley. HPChiro/Alpine Mortgage Planning’s Scott Harman finished third with 10 points. Eighty-four riders finished the Cat 1/2/3 race, which ran its complete schedule of laps for the first time in three weeks.
In the Cat 3/4 race, Walton Brush (West End Bikes/Specialized) took the win by one point over Stephan Niquet (Team Oregon/Laurelwood Brewing). Third place rider Ahmed Zuhairy (Portland State University) finished three points down. Austin Aske (Soraz Racing) won the Cat 4/5 race with 15 points, one better than runner up Byron Breeden (Team Cthulhu). Grant McElroy (Beaverton Bicycle Club) was third with 10 points.
PIR Tuesday Nighter
1. Beardsley, Steven (Gentle Lovers) 17
2. Heaberlin, Cliff (Guinness Cycling Team) 12
3. Harman, Scott (HPChiro/Alpine Mortgage Planning) 10
4. Gallant, Brendon (HPChiro/Alpine Mortgage Planning) 0 9
5. Crawford, Mark (Ironclad Performance Wear) 8
1. Brush, Walton (West End Bikes/Specialized) 15
2. Niquet, Stephan (Team Oregon/Laurelwood Brewing) 14
3. Zuhairy, Ahmed (Portland State University) 12
4. Farr, Dwayne (Soraz Racing) 12
5. Nelson, Eric (Soraz Racing) 8
1. Aske, Austin (Soraz Racing) 15
2. Breeden, Byron (Team Cthulhu) 14
3. McElroy, Grant (Beaverton Bicycle Club) 10
4. Roberts, Stephan (Cyclepath Racing) 8
5. Trigg, Jesse 7
Complete OBRA results are HERE.