Oregon riders fare well as Cascade reaches final days
BEND — With three stages and the prologue in the books, the Cascade Cycling Classic will wind up with Saturday evening’s Downtown Bend Criterium and Sunday’s Awbrey Butte Circuit Race. National road race champion and recent Giro Donne winner Mara Abbott (Peanut Butter & Co. Twenty-12) has firm control over the women’s race, with Cath Cheatley (Calovita/Baci) in second, 1:44 behind. Webcor’s Erinne Willock is third at 2:32.
The fight for the GC crown is quite a bit tighter in the men’s race, with UnitedHealthcare’s Rory Sutherland sitting just 20 seconds ahead of Fly V Australia’s Ben Day (20 seconds back) and Darren Lill (55 seconds back). Sutherland’s teammate Marc de Maar is fourth at 1:11, with Bissell’s Jeremy Vennel rounding out the top five at 1:27.
Riders with Oregon tie have been mixing it up with the NRC pro fields and have been performing well. Bend’s Ian Boswell (Bissell Pro Cycling) is the top Oregon-based rider in the men’s race, sitting in 19th, 2:55 back. Veloforma’s Teri Sheasby of bend is 11th overall in the women’s race, 8:49 behind the leader.
Check VeloNews.com for complete reports and photos from the pro races. Oregon rider results are listed below.
19. Ian Boswell* (BISSELL Pro Cycling) + 02:55
48. Ryan Trebon (KONA) +08:41
50. Roman Van Uden* (Rubicon-ORBEA;Benefiting LIVESTRONG) +08:59
59. Scott R Gray (Sagebrush Cyclesoles) +11:04
82. Sean Passage (Hagens Berman Cycling Team) +18:47
91. Mike Northey* (Rubicon-ORBEA;Benefiting LIVESTRONG) +21:18
94. Aaron E Olsen (Cole Sport/ High West) +21:35
124. Taylor Gunman* (Rubicon-ORBEA;Benefiting LIVESTRONG) +26:12
127. Quinn Keogh (Rubicon-ORBEA;Benefiting LIVESTRONG) +27:33
136. Austin R Arguello* (Escalera Racing Club) +31:48
139. Elijah P Romer (Team Oregon/ Laurelwood) +37:00
140. Joshua Bartlett +38:59
141. Kennett Peterson (Hagens Berman Cycling Team) +39:07
149. Ben Chaddock (Rubicon-ORBEA;Benefiting LIVESTRONG) +50:07
11. Teri Sheasby (Veloforma/Upper Echelon Fitness) +08:49
21. Jade Wilcoxson (Vuelta/Flywheel) +11:52
29. Sue Butler (Touchstone Climbing) +17:40
30. Alice Pennington (Veloforma/Upper Echelon Fitness) +18:45
61. Whitney Schultz* (Veloforma/Upper Echelon Fitness) +31:56
66. Jen Akeroyd (Sorella Forte) +34:25
77. Brenna E Lopez-Otero (Bend Memorial Clinic Total Care) +42:31
81. Serena N Bishop (Sunnyside Sports) +50:30
89. Susan Peithman (Veloforma/Upper Echelon Fitness) +1:03:47